At the Board meeting on 25 April, the Trustees awarded grants to the following groups:
• Dunfermline Reign Basketball Club £7000 towards the purchase of an electronic scoreboard and height adjustable baskets for a new basketball facility based at St. Columba’s High School.
• Dunfermline Rugby Football Club £5000 towards major drainage improvement works to their pitches at McKane Park.
• Dunfermline Group RDA £1600 towards the installation of a Sensory Riding Park for young children and adults with disabilities at the group’s premises at Shiresmill.
• Gillespie Memorial Church £3000 towards the installation of a commercial kitchen within the church hall, allowing facility users such as the Express Group, which supports adults with mental health issues, to prepare meals for large numbers of clients.
• Pitcorthie Nursery £700 towards a Family Fun Day at Fordell Firs in June.
• Active Schools Karate Initiative £900 towards the purchase of sparring gloves and pads for use in training in advance of a championship event this summer.
LIST OF TRUSTEES
CARNEGIE DUNFERMLINE AND HERO FUND TRUSTEES
Andrew Croxford BA CA FCCA
Dr David M Fraser MB ChB FRCPE
Angus M Hogg MCIPS
Janet McCauslin MBE
Dr Ruth Ray MBChB, MRCGP
Fiona Robertson MSc MCSP
J Douglas Scott BA (Vice Chairman from April 2012)
David M Walker BA CA FCCA
Robin Watson RIBA ARIAS (Chairman from April 2012)
Ian M Wilson BSc
David Fleetwood Bsc Hons MRICS
Cllr Alice Callaghan
Cllr Willie Campbell
Cllr Mike Rumney
Cllr Mike Shirkie
Nora T C Rundell BA MBA MCMI (Chief Executive)
Chiene & Tait (Auditors)
Royal Bank of Scotland plc (Bankers)
Cornelian Asset Managers Ltd (Investment Advisers/Managers)
J R Stevenson & Marshall (Legal Advisers/Solicitors)
Towergate Risk Solutions (Insurance Advisers)
GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOLS
New additional guidelines for schools have been drawn upAdditional Guidelines for Schools
David Fleetwood, a real estate portfolio manager at Standard Life Investments joined the Board of Trustees in February 2012. Dunfermline born, David, who was appointed after a process of open advertisement, joins the 19 other Trustees – including four council delegates – on the Trust Board.
DATES OF BOARD MEETINGS
The dates of the Board Meetings for 2013 are:
THE ANDREW CARNEGIE MEDAL OF PHILANTHROPY
Was first presented in 2001 to inspirational philanthropists who have followed in Carnegie’s footsteps by presenting private wealth for public good. Recipients of the Medal have included the Rockefeller, Gates and Sainsbury families. The 2013 ceremony will be held in Scotland.
The stunning new headquarters of the Trust, Andrew Carnegie House, was officially opened by The Princess Royal in 2008 and now houses the recently restored Tiffany Window.